[Linux-HA] Redundant Rings "Still Not There?"

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Sun Oct 24 15:24:50 MDT 2010

> Heartbeat is not deprecated, it is still supported by Linbut
> folks. (Many thanks to them). But if you need clvmd, GFS2,
> you would have to use corosync, for example.

It may not be "deprecated" per se, but there is no "getting started"
guide on the ClusterLabs site for using PaceMaker+Heartbeat like there
are for OpenAIS and Corosync. And there definitely seems to be a
perception in the community, correct or not, that heartbeat's days are
numbered.

I notice that when I did 'yum install pacemaker', I got both corosync
and heartbeat with it.

[root at ha07a ~]# rpm -qa|grep -i heart
heartbeat-3.0.3-2.3.el5
drbd-heartbeat-8.3.8.1-1
heartbeat-libs-3.0.3-2.3.el5
heartbeat-libs-3.0.3-2.3.el5
[root at ha07a ~]# rpm -qa|grep -i coros
corosync-1.2.7-1.1.el5
corosynclib-1.2.7-1.1.el5
corosynclib-1.2.7-1.1.el5
[root at ha07a ~]#

Can you suggest a good guide for getting started with
heartbeat+pacemaker instead of corosync+pacemaker?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - October 24, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for General Linux-HA mailing list. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.