[Linux-HA] Redundant Rings "Still Not There?"

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Sun Oct 24 14:09:23 MDT 2010

>> But now could someone please elaborate on Dejan Muhamedagic's
original
>> comment that started the thread? What does "redundant rings are still

>> not there" mean? Is a three-node cluster an unreliable setup because
>> Corosync and/or Pacemaker are not really ready for that?
>>

>not Pacemaker - Corosync. I agree with Dejan. I also use Heartbeat for
clusters communication layer.

So you use Heartbeat+Pacemaker instead of Corosync+Pacemaker? How does
Heartbeat handle 3-node clusters? Does it use the same "ring" metaphor
and switches for cluster communication?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - October 24, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for General Linux-HA mailing list. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.