[Linux-HA] heartbeat with postgresql

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 22 11:23:20 MDT 2010

Andrew Beekhof wrote:

OK, I'll post this and shut up.

> Or are you really trying to claim that:
>
>    linuxha1 IPaddr::192.168.85.3 httpd smb
>
> is fundamentally less complex than
>
>    primitive IP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr params ip="192.168.85.3"
>    primitive http lsb:httpd
>    primitive samba lsb:smb
>    group v1-group IP http samba
>    location prefer-ha1 v1-group inf: linuxha1

Duh. Obviously, the former is one layer less complex: it doesn't have
"group".

I'm not sure if you're really trying to pull wool over my eyes or you
have it all over yours. How about
  """
  cat "linuxha1 192.168.85.3 httpd smb" > /etc/ha.d/haresources
  /etc/init.d/heartbeat start
on both nodes
  """
vs
  """
  where exactly do all these lines go? -- cib.xml? Where are the tags,
then? Some other file you need to run through something before you stat
the cluster? Are they commands you type in some shell after you start
the cluster? WFT is 'ocf:' and why is it different from 'lsb:'. Or
'inf:'? WTF does it take 1 minute to type up what previously took 15
seconds (@20WPM)? WTF is 'prefer-ha1'? -- why is not just 'prefer', is
there a 'prefer-ha2'? Why is '-ha1' not referenced anywhere else in the
config? Exactly which part of all this says 'run ifup eth0:0, then start
httpd, then samba on linuxha1' in one simple easy to read sentence?
  """

It's not about syntax. It's not about advanced features. It's about a
new user setting up a simple stupid active/passive failover pair.

Dima
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin