[Linux-HA] Redundant Rings "Still Not There?"

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 07:37:18AM -0700, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> > note that redundant rings are "still not there" to paraphrase the
> upstream.
>
> Dejan, your previous comment about redundant rings is worthy of a whole
> new thread.

Hmm, OK. Note that you'd probably get better support for the
openais/corosync specific questions at the openais ML. This one
is mainly for resource agents, stonith, heartbeat, and, well,
pacemaker. Though pacemaker also has its own ML. Sorry for the
confusion.

> I hope I am not barking up the wrong tree, but my plan was to create a 3
> node cluster with 2 resources, where resource R1 is allowed to run on
> NODE1 and NODE3 (usually on NODE1), and resource R2 is allowed to run on
> NODE2 and NODE3 (usually on NODE2). Thus NODE1 and NODE2 cannot run each
> other's resources and NODE3 operates as a failover for both of them. The
> drawing I sent in the message entitled "My Second Pacemaker Cluster" was
> designed to accomplish this. Is what I'm trying to do impossible? I
> thought it was totally in the spirit of Pacemaker clustering.

The way resources move around has nothing to do with how you
setup corosync rings. For each ring, all nodes must be
accessible over the interface specified in the interface
section. How else can one form a ring? ;-)

Thanks,

Dejan