[Linux-HA] Redundant Rings "Still Not There?"

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Thu Oct 21 08:37:18 MDT 2010

> note that redundant rings are "still not there" to paraphrase the
upstream.

Dejan, your previous comment about redundant rings is worthy of a whole
new thread.

I hope I am not barking up the wrong tree, but my plan was to create a 3
node cluster with 2 resources, where resource R1 is allowed to run on
NODE1 and NODE3 (usually on NODE1), and resource R2 is allowed to run on
NODE2 and NODE3 (usually on NODE2). Thus NODE1 and NODE2 cannot run each
other's resources and NODE3 operates as a failover for both of them. The
drawing I sent in the message entitled "My Second Pacemaker Cluster" was
designed to accomplish this. Is what I'm trying to do impossible? I
thought it was totally in the spirit of Pacemaker clustering.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - October 21, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for General Linux-HA mailing list. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.