[Linux-HA] My Second Pacemaker Cluster

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Wed Oct 20 16:57:22 MDT 2010

Hey folks... don't forget me! I just need to get eyes on the following
config and make sure my ring numbers, mcastaddr, and mcastports look
workable...

                        Existing 2-Node Cluster

                      |----(198.51.100.0/30)---|
                      |                        |
            |---------------------|  |---------------------|
            |        eth3         |  |        eth3         |
            |                     |  |                     |
            |     CLUSTER1_A      |  |     CLUSTER1_B      |
            |                     |  |                     |
            |   eth0       eth1   |  |   eth0       eth1   |
            |     |--bond0--|     |  |     |--bond0--|     |
            |          |          |  |          |          |
            |---------------------|  |---------------------|
                       |                        |
                       |                        |
----------------------------(192.168.10.0/24)------------------------
	   |                   |                           |
         |                   |                           |
|-----------------| |-----------------|       |---------------------|
|        |        | |        |        |       |          |          |
|   |--bond0--|   | |   |--bond0--|   |       |     |--bond0--|     |
| eth0       eth1 | | eth0       eth1 |       |   eth0       eth1   |
|                 | |                 |       |                     |
|   CLUSTER2_A    | |    CLUSTER2_B   |       |      CLUSTER2_C     |
|                 | |                 |       |                     |
| eth2            | | eth2       eth3 |       |    eth3      eth2   |
|-----------------| |-----------------|       |---------------------|
    |                            |                   |         |
    |                            |-(198.51.100.4/30)-|         |
    |------(198.51.100.8/30)-----------------------------------|

                            New 3-Node Cluster

The interface sections on existing CLUSTER1 look like this...

        interface {
                ringnumber: 0
                bindnetaddr: 192.168.10.0
                mcastaddr: 226.94.1.1
                mcastport: 4000
        }

        interface {
                ringnumber: 1
                bindnetaddr: 198.51.100.0
                mcastaddr: 226.94.1.1
                mcastport: 4000
        }

I'm thinking the interface sections on CLUSTER2 need to look like
this...

        interface {
                ringnumber: 0
                bindnetaddr: 192.168.10.0
                mcastaddr: 226.94.1.2
                mcastport: 4002
        }

        interface {
                ringnumber: 1
                bindnetaddr: 198.51.100.4
                mcastaddr: 226.94.1.2
                mcastport: 4002
        }
        interface {
                ringnumber: 2
                bindnetaddr: 198.51.100.8
                mcastaddr: 226.94.1.2
                mcastport: 4002
        }

Does that look right?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - October 20, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for General Linux-HA mailing list. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.