[Linux-HA] DMC questions

Rasto Levrinc rasto.levrinc at linbit.com
Wed Oct 20 13:41:14 MDT 2010

On Wed, October 20, 2010 6:19 pm, Adrian Dascalu wrote:

> 1. (looks like a bug) When trying to connect in 2 steps (first step
> requires the use of a private key) the product never showed the pop-up
> where I'm supposed to press enter for a key (as per instructions). Instead
> it failed with no more auth methods available before any pop-up. Manually
> establishing a tunnel to the actual cluster members is a usable workaround
> for now. Is there some trick to using private/public key auth with DMC?

You mean that you have two hops and the first one requires key and the
second password authentication? I am not sure about your setup. But
basically at the moment it is possible to use more hops only if there is
the same key on every hop, or keys without passkeys.

> 2.
> By default the clone resources are shown as a group with no way of
> telling how many clones are running on each member. Any way of changing
> this behavior?

Didn't think about that. :) Now it shows on which hosts it runs. I can add
a number next to the hosts, how many times it runs on the host.

> 3. Where is "Show log" option looking into? messages? I'm
> using logd with custom files ...

The "Show log" works only for default log locations, obviously this will
be fixed at some point.

> 4. Once a cluster is defined is there o
> way of deleting it from the configuration?

You mean something like crm configure erase? This will be added soon.

> 5. Any way of exporting the
> image of the running cluster other than printscreen/capture?

It would be possible, but somehow it doesn't strike me as something that
is done very often. For what would you need that?

Thanks,
Rasto

--
: Dipl-Ing Rastislav Levrinc