[Linux-HA] My Second Pacemaker Cluster

Dan Frincu dfrincu at streamwide.ro
Wed Oct 20 00:41:33 MDT 2010

Hi,

Robinson, Eric wrote:
> I am now deploying my second MySQL+Pacemaker+DRBD cluster. To avoid
> conflicting with the first cluster on the same LAN, should I vary the
> mcastaddr, mcastport, or both? Is there anything else that I should vary
> to avoid conflicting with the first cluster?

You need a unique network socket for each ringnumber. At least that's
the recommendation if you want to use resource-level fencing =>
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-pacemaker-fencing.html

Other than that, I usually use 239.0.0.0 range for mcastaddr, and to
make them unique between multiple deployments within the same network, I
rely on parts from the bindnetaddr to create a unique socket.

For example looking at your config, 192.168.10.0 is used for ringnumber
0 and 198.51.100.0 for ringnumber 1, then the mcastaddr for ringnumber 0
can be 239.0.0.10 and for ringnumber 1, 239.0.0.100. These two should
match on all nodes that should be in the same cluster. Making different
sockets for other clusters based on this scheme is easier this way. I
usually don't change the port, but that's just my choice on the matter.

Regards,

Dan