[Linux-HA] heartbeat with postgresql

Linux Cook linuxcook at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:11:03 MDT 2010

hi!

I used the tarball package of postgresql and recompiled it. Postgres now
resides at /usr/local/pgsql and mounting /usr/local/pgsql/data into
/dev/drbd0.

However, hearbeat recognizes my Filesystem and IPaddr2 resources but not my
postgresql service. My haresources config below:

dmcstest1 drbddisk::postgres
Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/usr/local/pgsql/data::ext3 IPaddr2::
10.110.10.250/255.255.255.0/eth2
dmcstest1 postgresql

I've seen an error like:

"resource postgreql is active and should not be" on the logs but postgresql
is disabled on bootup. What does this mean?

Please help!

Thank you.

Oliver