[Linux-HA] possible race condition in OCF apache RA monitor

Buckingham, Brett BBuckingham at BroadViewNet.com
Mon Oct 18 11:54:57 MDT 2010

I will try out these patches this week and get back to you.

I need some time to absorb the original intent of "monitoring" in the
RA.  My initial thinking is to create a patch which differentiates
startup monitoring from runtime monitoring.  The goal would be to allow
for apache to initialize over a reasonable timeframe with specific
startup monitoring logic.  Regular monitoring at runtime should, I
think, quickly detect httpd death, so I don't think there's any value
looping / waiting for a period of time for the PID file / process to be
there.

I'll post a proposed patch later this week.  BTW, how does one get a
patch accepted into the next version of the RA?