[Linux-HA] Question about SLES HAE License

Manfred Hollstein manfred at die-hollsteins.de
Mon Oct 18 08:37:28 MDT 2010

Hi Lars,

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, 16:13:57 +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2010-10-18T15:36:28, Manfred Hollstein <manfred at die-hollsteins.de> wrote:
>
> > > I'd love to see you become a customer, sure, but your approach seems to
> > > subvert the key selling points of the product ;-)
> > Not at all! Why shouldn't even a production user want to keep track of
> > ongoing development?
>
> But the question was not to follow the devel projects, but whether it
> was possible to refresh the eval version every 60 days without paying.

now I see what Tobias meant with "download the trial version every few
months"... I thought he was referring to the current development basis,
i.e. what's available in the repositories for research and development.
FWIW, I'd still encourage everyone to follow such R&D versions to
maintain and extend knowledge, simply because it'll pay off when you'll
have to upgrade to the next major version coming with a new corebuild
OS.

> Regards,
>     Lars

Cheers.