[Linux-HA] Question about SLES HAE License

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at novell.com
Mon Oct 18 07:10:56 MDT 2010

On 2010-10-18T13:32:42, Tobias Appel <tappel at eso.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick info.
>
> Just a theoretical question (I think we might subscribe anyway), what
> would keep me from download the newest trial version every few months?

You can, of course, do that. Mind, you of course wouldn't get any
support from Novell for that (obviously). And neither from any partner.

But if you want that - why bother paying for an enterprise distribution?
Its main advantages are support, maintenance, and certifications.

I'd love to see you become a customer, sure, but your approach seems to
subvert the key selling points of the product ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.