[Linux-HA] Question about SLES HAE License

Tobias Appel tappel at eso.org
Mon Oct 18 05:26:31 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I think you guys can
help me out the best.

The thing is that we want to install a new cluster using Pacemaker.
Instead of using RHEL we thought about installing SLES. Now from what I
understand is that the only way to install pacemaker using a
packetmanager (yast or zypper it's called on SLES I think) is when I use
the HAE. This comes only as a free trial, but from what I gather is that
if I purchase this extension I pay for technical support, but also
updates are mentioned. Does this mean if I don't subscribe I will not be
able to download new updates via my packetmanager?

So I either have the choice of building the source by hand for free, or
use the extension (but this makes only sense if I subscribe I guess).

Did I understand this correctly?

Thanks for your answers.

Bye,
Tobi