[Linux-HA] heartbeat with postgresql

Vadym Chepkov vchepkov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 05:46:51 MDT 2010

On Oct 15, 2010, at 3:28 AM, Linux Cook wrote:

> hi!
>
> I've just setup heartbeat + drbd with postgresql. I'm mirroring /dev/drbd0
> to /var/lib/postgresql. The problem is, postgresql service can't start
> because everytime heartbeat mounts the /dev/drbd0 to /var/lib/postgresql, it
> changes it user and group ownership instead of just postgres user and group.

I wouldn't recommend using /var/lib/postgres as a mount point.
on rpm based systems you would probably break package integrity and
I don't think it's safe to have a non-root user to be owner of the mount point
Just create a new directory, '/pgsql', for example, and use it, instead.

primitive pgsql ocf:heartbeat:pgsql \
	params pgdba="postgres" pgdata="/pgsql/data" logfile="/pgsql/log/pgsql.log" \
	op monitor start-delay="60s" interval="5min"

Vadym