[Linux-HA] Heartbeat+Asterisk+Xen Domu

Miguel A Felipe Rodríguez michel at claudiofelipe.com
Fri Oct 1 05:06:31 MDT 2010

  Hi all,

     Im getting some strange behavour when I start the heartbeat within
a DomU system. Every time I start it it crash in some minutes. The crash
has no logs neither in Dom0 or DomU. This does not happen if I dont
start the heartbeat and pacemaker in the DomU

The configuration of the heartbeat is very simple:

Ist actually only 1 node but configured two:

    debugfile /var/log/ha-debug
    logfile /var/log/ha-log
    logfacility     local0
    udpport                 693
    bcast                           eth0
    autojoin                        any
    keepalive 2
    deadtime 10
    node    cf02vvo01
    node    cf02vvo02
    crm respawn

Pacemaker conf

    primitive IPAsterisk ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 params ip="172.23.1.152"
          op monitor interval="10s" meta target-role="Started"
    primitive asterisk lsb:asterisk op monitor interval="10s" meta
    target-role="Started"
    colocation asteriskservice inf: IPAsterisk asterisk
    rsc_defaults resource-stickiness="100"

This are the only modifications to the original conf.

The system is Debian 2.6.26-2-xen-686 (Dom0)
xen-linux-system-2.6.26-2-xen-686     2.6.26-25lenny1
xen-utils-3.2-1                   3.2.1-2

and the heartbeat versions inside the DomU
heartbeat                         1:3.0.3-2

Asterisk version
asterisk                          1:1.6.2.9-2

Has anyone has some experience with this arquitecture.

I also has a different server with the same config but earlier versions
and it also crashes if I start the heartbeat with the asterisk service.