[Linux-HA] Failed takeover of drbddisk/xen stack

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 23:26:12 MDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff<misch at multinet.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009 23:59:48 schrieb Robert Zöhrer | pronet.at:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a running LVM-DRBD-Xen-HVM/Win2k3 cluster-stack under debian/
>> lenny and want to manage it with heartbeat/crm.
[snip]

>> My config in detail:

[snip]

> 1) Your problem is:
> Jul 23 22:52:28 greatmama-n2 lrmd: [3382]: info: RA output:
> (drbd_infra_win:stop:stderr) /dev/drbd0: State change failed: (-12) Device is
> held open by someone Command '/sbin/drbdse
> tup /dev/drbd0 secondary' terminated with exit code 11 /sbin/drbdadm secondary
> domU-infra: exit code 11, mapping to 1
>
> Something still uses the DRBD So it cannot get secondary.

At this moment it seems that I'm not be able to access the pastebin
site to see the config, but if the drbd device is the PV on top of
which the VG is created,
make sure that the script does a "vgchange -an VG", before trying to
make it secondary.
Keep also a look to this link if it can be of any help:

http://te.to/~ts1/xen_cluster.html

Gianluca