[Linux-HA] Failed takeover of drbddisk/xen stack

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Thu Jul 23 22:04:25 MDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, 23. Juli 2009 23:59:48 schrieb Robert Zöhrer | pronet.at:
> Hello,
>
> I have a running LVM-DRBD-Xen-HVM/Win2k3 cluster-stack under debian/
> lenny and want to manage it with heartbeat/crm.
>
> I defined crm/cib with 2 resources (non ocf drbddisk and ocf Xen) within
> an ordered and collocated resource group.
>
> To bind my stack to node1 on normal operation I've set one location
> constraint regarding the whole resource group.
>
> My config in detail:
>
> ha.cf: http://pastebin.com/m72309a54
> /var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml: http://pastebin.com/m1c73356
>
> Now when performing a manual takeover (standby command for resource
> holding node) I get errors while heartbeat wants  to stop the drbd
> resource on the loosing node. The drbd resource become unmanaged it the
> takeover process hangs.
>
> Log in detail: http://pastebin.com/m3babd102

1) Your problem is:
Jul 23 22:52:28 greatmama-n2 lrmd: [3382]: info: RA output:
(drbd_infra_win:stop:stderr) /dev/drbd0: State change failed: (-12) Device is
held open by someone Command '/sbin/drbdse
tup /dev/drbd0 secondary' terminated with exit code 11 /sbin/drbdadm secondary
domU-infra: exit code 11, mapping to 1

Something still uses the DRBD So it cannot get secondary.

2) Please use the ocf drbd resource agent, a mulistate RA. Please see:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/DRBD_HowTo_1.0 and
http://www.drbd.org/docs/applications/

(...)