[Linux-HA] Failed takeover of drbddisk/xen stack

"Robert Zöhrer | pronet.at" robert.zoehrer at pronet.at
Thu Jul 23 15:59:48 MDT 2009

Hello,

I have a running LVM-DRBD-Xen-HVM/Win2k3 cluster-stack under debian/
lenny and want to manage it with heartbeat/crm.

I defined crm/cib with 2 resources (non ocf drbddisk and ocf Xen) within
an ordered and collocated resource group.

To bind my stack to node1 on normal operation I've set one location
constraint regarding the whole resource group.

My config in detail:

ha.cf: http://pastebin.com/m72309a54
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml: http://pastebin.com/m1c73356

Now when performing a manual takeover (standby command for resource
holding node) I get errors while heartbeat wants  to stop the drbd
resource on the loosing node. The drbd resource become unmanaged it the
takeover process hangs.

Log in detail: http://pastebin.com/m3babd102

At this point when I switch back the resource holding node to active
mode and perform a "clean up" to the group resource by hb_gui the
resources restarts correctly on this node.

When I hardly shut down (power button) the resource holding node
(instead of performing a manual takeover) the takeover seems to be
working well.

On the other hand my location constraint doesn't seem to work .. maybe
caused by the same reason?

I've defined CIB/CRM by hb_gui .. but believed to understand the CIB/XML
concept. Also gui xml output seems consequentially ok (for me).

Any is appreciated.

Thx Robert