[Linux-HA] Stonith with APCSmart UPS1000 +Network ManagementCard

Dimitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 13 04:23:00 MDT 2009

Ehlers, Kolja wrote:
> Hello Dima,
>
> can you explain how you get that card to shutdown the whole UPS or how to send the powerfail command to connected machines (are you
> talking about the PowerChute agent?). Is any of that possible through a stonith plugin?

I never got a 'round tuit: we have pretty reliable power and all
important stuff is on journaled raids.

As I recall you can send powerfail either to a monitoring daemon
(apcupsd?) or as snmp trap; with recent firmware you can also group
upses to send the signal only when both of them lose power (with 2-psu
machines connected to 2 upses on independent circuits). However, this is
the opposite of what you want.

Their networked power strip lets you turn individual outlets on and off
-- dunno if you can do it via snmp, though. I'm sure you can wrap
telnet/expect or http/curl script into a plugin if it comes to that.

Dima