[Linux-HA] Master-slave, stopping a slave.

c smith smith.c.tech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:44:02 MDT 2009

Hi-

I currently implement DRBD with Pacemaker.  The DRBD resource is configured
as a multi-state Master-slave resource in which node1 is the default master
and node2 is the default slave.  I am putting together a backup system that
will run  some automated scheduled tasks on node2 (assuming both nodes are
online).  Such tasks include disconnecting the DRBD resource temporarily and
promoting it to primary/standalone.  I'm wondering, is there a way to
manually stop the child clone on that node before starting the backup, then
restarting it after?  Something along the lines of `crm resource ms-drbd:1
stop`.

I have yet to test the system as it is but, from what I understand, if I
manually disconnect the resource, Pacemaker's monitor functions will not be
happy and likely throw monitor errors and/or try to restart and reconnect
the resource.  The Pacemaker's user guide does not go into detail regarding
managing multi-state child resources.  Is it possible to do without stopping
the entire m-s resource?

Thanks
CSMITH