[Linux-HA] maintenance on 2 nodes in a ha linux cluster

Jonathan.Ilroy at smals.be Jonathan.Ilroy at smals.be
Fri Jul 3 04:08:07 MDT 2009

Hi,

There is nothing in the logs (/var/log/ha-{log,debug}), it looks like
heartbeat is not started at boot. I've managed to make it run at startup
but I had to disable drbd in /etc/rc2.d/ which gives other issues (drbd
cannot be started anymore by heartbeat, so I think drbd should not be
disabled as other services started by heartbeart following some posts in
other forums - please confirm). my xen-stonith agent is not called when
servera is restarted. maybe drbd is preventing heartbeat to start or run
correctly? that's what is see in ps (no heartbeat process)

 1256 ?        S      0:00  \_ /bin/bash /etc/rc2.d/S70drbd start
 1286 ?        S      0:00      \_ /sbin/drbdadm wait-con-int
 1287 ?        S      0:00          \_ /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0
wait-connect --degr-wfc-timeout=12

Any idea ?

Jonathan

I'd say yes, but you should check logs. Normally, a node from a two-node
cluster should not start resources unless it either hears from the other
node or makes sure that it is down by fencing it using stonith. The
question is if your stonith setup works.

Thanks,

Dejan