[Linux-HA] time-out period of crm_standby command

Junko IKEDA ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp
Thu Sep 27 04:07:20 MDT 2007

Hello,

I found the following crm_standby behavior when I tried one SplitBrain case.
( I have many test cases on it... )

It goes like this.
shortly after the disconnecting interconnect LAN,
I issued crm_standby command immediately on one node which was not DC.
It seemed that crm_standby tried to connect the CIB master, but it was not
able to,
because interconnect LAN has been cut already.
after recovering SplitBrain, crm_standby could return an error message,
like "Error performing operation: not connected".

Is it possible to set a time-out period to crm_standby or others command?
it's boring to wait its return for quite a while if it fails.

This topic might be the same as this;
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/36926
if so, are there any progresses?

Best Regards,