[Linux-HA] 6 node cluster? Am I doing this right?

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Wed Sep 26 09:43:41 MDT 2007

Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 07:23:43AM -0500, Dave Augustus wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 00:33 +0200, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Yes. If I understood correctly. Just setup a clone with
>>> clone_node_max set to 1. And an extra constraint to make room for
>>> the other resource which would say "don't run these two on the
>>> same node". Furthermore, make sure that the score for the
>>> loadbalancer resource is always higher than for the clone.
>>>

>> OK, I setup currently has 4 nodes. I clone_node_max to 1 and it ran a
>> resource group *twice* on the same node.
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>
> That shouldn't have happened. Please post the configuration and
> logs.

i think this might be related to my report earlier this month and the
changeset: http://hg.beekhof.net/lha/crm-dev/rev/b570d7658acc

so using the current interim build will resolve this issue.

otherwise, you can use a constraint to not allow clone:0 and clone:1 on
the same host.

lg,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15