[Linux-HA] 6 node cluster? Am I doing this right?

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 25 16:33:40 MDT 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 05:04:16PM -0500, Dave Augustus wrote:
> 6 servers- all running heartbeat
> 1 is LVS loadbalancer
> the other 5 are lvs realservers
>
> 2 resource groups:
>  1 for the loadbalancer
>  1 CLONE resource group for the real servers
>
> The loadbalancer can be ANY of the 6 servers.
> If a server is NOT the load balancer, then it runs as a real server.
>
> Is this a supported configuration?

Yes. If I understood correctly. Just setup a clone with
clone_node_max set to 1. And an extra constraint to make room for
the other resource which would say "don't run these two on the
same node". Furthermore, make sure that the score for the
loadbalancer resource is always higher than for the clone.

> Am I understanding this correctly?

Not sure to what do you refer.

Thanks,

Dejan