[Linux-HA] membership unchanged but quorum changed

Shiney James shineyjames at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:21:51 MDT 2007

Hi

I do have the following queries regarding heartbeat behavior. Your input
regarding this is very much appreciated.

If the system time is changed will heartbeat restart itself. I saw the
following behavior - the halogs indicate "clock jumped backwards.
Compensating." Then the message "membership unchanged but quorum changed".
Then heartbeat shuts itself down and starts up again.

When does heartbeat detect that quorum has changed? Would this have caused
heartbeat to restart itself?

Also, if there were a few resources active while shutting down, when
heartbeat comes back up will the resources also be restarted?

Thank you