[Linux-HA] SUSE/LINUX 390 SLES 9 Support

Jose Jerez tale.toul at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 11:57:56 MDT 2007

On 9/24/07, Joe Nocket <jnocket at boscovs.com> wrote:
> We would like to use Heartbeat on SUSE Linux/390 to implement DB2 HADR.
>
> Can anyone tell me if any of the releases of Heartbeat V2 are supported on
> SUSE Linux/390 SLES 9 (SP3) (64Bit)

I recently installed heartbeat 2.1.2 on a SLES 9 (SP3) the hardware
being IBM Power, to have an Oracle cluster, so yes it should be
possible.

> When we try to install the 2.1.2 rpm we get
>

> lxdbgw1:/workarea/heartbeat # rpm -ivh heartbeat-2.1.2-2.s390x.rpm
>

> warning: heartbeat-2.1.2-2.s390x.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> 4dab7996
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>

>         libgnutls.so.10()(64bit) is needed by heartbeat-2.1.2-2
>

>         libgnutls.so.10(GNUTLS_REL_1_0)(64bit) is needed by
> heartbeat-2.1.2-2
>

> I installed the TLS libraries - which added libgnutls.so.13 (not  .10) and
> ,of course, didn't help. We contacted Novell/SUSE and the support team told
> us that Heartbeat V2 was not supported on SLES 9, but this seems more like a
> problem with TLS than Linux so we just thought we should check on you list.

You have to compile the sources, the rpms in the web page didn't work
for me either.

It's not too hard though, just make sure you have the usual tools to
compile C code (gcc, make, etc) and the following libraries are a
must:

python; python-devel; pyton-xml; python-gtk; pam-devel; net-snmp-devel;
curl-devel; tcpd-devel; gnutls-devel; swig (must be downloaded and
compiled on its own www.swig.org); e2fsprogs-devel; libnet;
glib2-devel; libxml2-devel; dpkg-devel

Then  './ConfigureMe package' and if everything goes fine you should
find your rpms in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/(arch)/

> Thanks
>
> Joe
Hope this helps.

Regards