[Linux-HA] Problems configuring pingd to failover ldirectord

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 06:02:56 MDT 2007

On 9/24/07, Peter Farrell <peter.d.farrell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Versions:
> heartbeat-stonith-2.1.2-3.el4.centos
> heartbeat-pils-2.1.2-3.el4.centos
> heartbeat-ldirectord-2.1.2-3.el4.centos
> heartbeat-2.1.2-3.el4.centos
>
> Active / Passive set up.
> 2 nodes, one resource (ldirectord) balancing traffic for IP addresses
> on 2 web servers.
> 2 nics [ eth0 'dmz facing' - eth1 'crossover cable on 10.0.0.1/2]
>
> *see attached cib.xml / ha.cf
>
> What I want to happen:
> > Resource prefers to run on dmz1
> > When ping node loses connection - fail to dmz2
> > When ping node resumes connection - fail back to dmz1
>
> What happens:
>
> Both nodes running.
> >  ifdown eth0 on dmz1 (ping node loses connection)
> dmz2 picks up like a champ, resource migrated.
> > ifup eth0 (ping node resumes connection)
> nothing happens.

when you get it into this state, attach the CIB (with status) here
(the one below seems to be from some time after)

> *at this point - I try to force the issue and;
> > ifdown eth0 on dmz2

not a good idea:
 * you'll get a monitor failure
 * monitor failures dont automatically mean the resource gets moved
 * then you'll then get a start failure (which i see did happen)
 * start failures mean the resource gets moved, but also mean the
resource can never go back to dmz2 until you use crm_resource -C

try crm_resource -M instead

> nothing happens - resource doesn't run on either node.

something happened on dmz1 that makes heartbeat think it's not allowed
to run ldirectord there.  logs might shed more light on what/why.