[Linux-HA] change a nvpair's value without restarting of aresource

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 04:11:40 MDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Junko IKEDA <ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:

> > > Sounds great.
> > > Please implement it again, if you have time.
> >
> > the code is still there and looks to be enabled
> >
> > it works by checking the RA's metadata^...
> >
> > * your RA must advertise the reload action
> > * the attribute you want to be able to change must specify: unique="false"
>
> I'm sorry to ask you right off.
> Where should I specify unique="false" in cib.xml?

no in the CIB.
it goes in the RA metadata.  eg.
                                           vvvvvvvvv
<parameter name="dampen" unique="0">
<longdesc lang="en">
The time to wait (dampening) further changes occur
</longdesc>
<shortdesc lang="en">Dampening interval</shortdesc>
<content type="integer" default="1s"/>
</parameter>

> I added "reload" section in RA, and set the value which I want to change in
> meta_attributes tag.
>
> > thats pretty much it... let me know if you have any trouble with it
> >
> > ^ currently it's only read once and cached forever, that probably
> > needs to be changed
>
> It seems more likely that the value can be changed several times.
> I'd appreciate it if this function is improved.

the metadata is cached, not the value.  the metadata should only
rarely need to change