[Linux-HA] change a nvpair's value without restarting of aresource

Junko IKEDA ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp
Thu Sep 20 02:26:14 MDT 2007

> > > i implemented  "reload" functionality a while back though i don't
> > > recall what state its in... i may have disabled it again
> >
> > Sounds great.
> > Please implement it again, if you have time.
>
> the code is still there and looks to be enabled
>
> it works by checking the RA's metadata^...
>
> * your RA must advertise the reload action
> * the attribute you want to be able to change must specify: unique="false"

I'm sorry to ask you right off.
Where should I specify unique="false" in cib.xml?
I added "reload" section in RA, and set the value which I want to change in
meta_attributes tag.

> thats pretty much it... let me know if you have any trouble with it
>
> ^ currently it's only read once and cached forever, that probably
> needs to be changed

It seems more likely that the value can be changed several times.
I'd appreciate it if this function is improved.

Thanks,
Junko