[Linux-HA] change a nvpair's value without restarting of aresource

Junko IKEDA ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp
Wed Sep 19 03:13:06 MDT 2007

> > > can we back up for a moment.... what is it that you're trying to
achieve?
> > > perhaps there is a better way.
> >
> > well, what I want to do is to change some RA's "$OCF_RESKEY_xxx"
parameter
> > with cibadmin or crm_resource.
> > There is no need of restarting RA when the parameter is changed.
> > ... or currently, I want to avoid the restart of resources.
>
> do you want the new value to be used by the resource?

for instance, it's a status value for RA.
RA has a status "nomal" at first, and this value will be set in cib.xml.
after a while, user might want to change it to "standalone", for example.
RA can decide its behavior according to this status value,
so if this value is changed, RA will also change its condition.
but I don't want to restart RA at this time.
I hope I can come across my request.

Thanks,
Juno