[Linux-HA] change a nvpair's value without restarting of a resource

Junko IKEDA ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp
Tue Sep 18 20:39:05 MDT 2007

> As I said "meta_attributes" were introduced with 2.1.0 so you can not use
them
> in 2.0.8 (they will not work).

I was misled into thinking that just "--meta" option wouldn't work in 2.0.8.
It's too bad that I can not use "meta_attributes" in that version.

> If you upgrade from 2.0.8 (at a later stage) you probably want to change
your
> CIB and put the nvpair regarding CRM related stuff into meta_attributes).
>
> From Andrew's answer i assume there is currently no "right" way to change
the
> parameters withouth resource restart.

I'm going to try "--inhibit-policy-engine" first,
and report its behavior to our user.
I hope it can be a good answer.
be that as it may, upgrade is needed...

> I for one would rather live with a short resource-down-time during the
> resource restart than the cluster hangup as you described in your email
> (yeah, ist starts to get bumpy when you do stuff which the CRM was not
made
> for).

Thanks,
Junko