[Linux-HA] change a nvpair's value without restarting of aresource

Max Hofer max.hofer at apus.co.at
Tue Sep 18 07:48:57 MDT 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007, Junko IKEDA wrote:
> > > Btw this is also the major difference between resource meta-attributes
>
> and
>
> > > resource parameters:
> > > - change in meta attributes usually do not (but it may - 'target_role'
> >
> > affects
> >
> > > the start/stop status) stop (or start) the resource.
> > > - change in resource paramater ---> alway stop/restart resource
> > >
> > > That's why you should use meta-attribite for parameters which concernt
>
> the
>
> > CRM
> >
> > > (like is_managed, target_role, resource_stickiness, priority, ...).
>
> one more question;
> If the same name/value are set to both "instance_attributes" and
> "meta_attributes",
> Will the value of "instance_attributes" work?

No, the nvpair in meta_attributes will overrule the nvpair in
instance_attributes.

!!!! This means as soon you use the first time "--meta" on a parameter all
successive changes have to be done with --meta . Otherwise the change will
have no effect on the CRM.

This reminds me for another feature request for crm_resource:
- output an error in case you change a nvpair which is already present in the
meta_attribites but with no "--meta" option