[Linux-HA] 2.1.2 and failover of colocated resources

Klemens Kittan kittan at cs.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Sep 18 07:25:22 MDT 2007

> shortly I'll be releasing a revised implementation (including
> documentation!) of colocation which will make it much more intuitive
> and remove the need for hacks like symmetrical=true
>
> if anyone wants to try it sooner rather than later, grab the latest
> from http://hg.linux-ha.org/dev and ping me for the current version of
> the docs.

Thank you for the link, we checked out the latest version (2.1.3). Compiling
and starting worked well.

We did 2 types of starting the heartbeat:

a) without symmetrical="true"
The two systems started as master and slave and the group is started at the
master node. But still when one service in this group fails, the complete
group is deactivated and the state of master and slaves leaves unchanged.
Normally the slave should become master and the group should start on this
node.

b) with symmetrical="true"
The behavior of the system keeps unchanged as described below:

> > <rsc_order id="drbd_before_group" from="group" to="ms_drbd"
> > action="start" to_action="promote"/>
> > <rsc_colocation id="group_on_drbd" from="group" to="ms_drbd"
> > to_role="Master" symmetrical="true" score="INFINITY"/>
> >
> > In result both systems could be started BUT both became slave!
> >
> > cat /proc/drbd:
> > cs:Connected st:Secondary/Secondary ld:Consistent
> >
> > crm_mon:
> > Master/Slave Set: ms_drbd
> >     drbd0:0     (heartbeat::ocf:drbd):  Started frigg
> >     drbd0:1     (heartbeat::ocf:drbd):  Started odin
> > Resource Group: group
> >     IPaddr0     (heartbeat::ocf:IPaddr):        Started frigg
> >     MailTo      (heartbeat::ocf:MailTo):        Started frigg
> >
> > Without a master I cannot access to the DRBD ressources.
> >
> > Secondly, how the group could be started? The group normally starts at
> > the master -- and there is none...

Thanks for your help!
Klemens

--
Klemens Kittan
Systemadministrator

Uni-Potsdam, Inst. f. Informatik
August-Bebel-Str. 89
14482 Potsdam

Tel.	:   +49-331-977/3125
Fax.	:   +49-331-977/3122
eMail	: kittan at cs.uni-potsdam.de

gpg --recv-keys --keyserver wwwkeys.de.pgp.net 6EA09333