[Linux-HA] enabling another account to use cibadmin -Q

Doug Knight dknight at wsi.com
Mon Sep 17 09:55:48 MDT 2007

Hi,
I have been looking at the documentation for ha.cf, and I'm not clear on
how to enable a second user to access command line tools, specifically
cibadmin and crm_resource. I have some tasks that run via crontab, and
I'm revising the scripts to check for their required resource is running
locally before executing the main task. Since the scripts are automated
(i.e. running without a tty), I cannot use the /etc/sudoers file (which
I have working as a command line execution). I'm pretty sure from
reading the documentation that I need to configure apiauth in ha.cf, but
currently its commented out, and I use only hacluster and root for all
my command line needs. I'm also not clear which client needs to be
included in the list (plus I don't want to accidentally disable
hacluster by my changes, need to get it right the first time due to
ongoing testing, etc). Can someone provide info on what I should set
apiauth to (if that's the right item)? Assume the accessing accounts are
root, hacluster, and dknight.

Thanks,
Doug Knight
WSI Inc.