[Linux-HA] Stonithd problem

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 17 09:06:08 MDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 03:23:04PM +0200, Johan Bergström wrote:
> I have a problem in a pretty simple 2node cluster that the stonithd
> daemon is respawned on every cluster operation there is, it seems.
>
> I have 1 IPaddr resource and 2 eDir88 resources, 1 pingd and the stonith
> resource.
>
> When I checked the system today, I had 4045 processes running.
>
> # ps -efa | grep /usr/lib64/heartbeat/stonithd | wc -l
> 4045

Oooo, that is no good.

> I don't know what I've done wrong, setting it up. I'll attach the ha.cf
> and the cib.xml.

Your cib says meatware agent and it is stopped. Or did you stop
it later? A meatware thing needs some kind of interaction with
people, as the name says, so perhaps your processes are hanging
waiting for input from somewhere/somebody. Can you attach the
logs too?

> Also, I'm going to add another heartbeat NIC interface, but I'm not sure
> how to set that up, any hints to where there's documentation about that?

To ha.cf? Just add another bcast/ucast/mcast directive with a
name of your interface.

Thanks,

Dejan