[Linux-HA] Score Calculation

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Thu Sep 13 07:49:11 MDT 2007

> http://www.linux-ha.org/v2/faq
>
> That's were you'll find one example of calculating scores. Check
> also the list archives---quite a few times this issue came up.

Of course I read that.

What I want to know is: Does the cluster make a difference between
monitor result "error" and monitor result "not running". From what I
saw, it looked like the decision was different.

error: stickiness is still applied, then calculated

not running: stickiness value is removed from current scores, then a
decision is made where to run the resource and *then* the stickiness
value is applied again.

That's what I wanted to know and I did not come across an answer yet.

Regards
Dominik