[Linux-HA] Ethernet link down NO failover;(

Dejan Muhamedagic dejanmm at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 7 05:21:30 MDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 12:24:14PM +0200, Dominik Klein wrote:
> >     <constraints>
> >       <rsc_location id="rsc_location_group_NFS" rsc="group_NFS">
> >         <rule id="prefered_location_group_NFS" score="100">
> >           <expression attribute="#uname"
> >id="prefered_location_group_NFS_expr" operation="eq"
> >value="nfs00001"/>
> >         </rule>
> >       </rsc_location>
> >       <rsc_location id="pingd:connected" rsc="group_NFS">
> >         <rule id="pingd:connected:rule"
> >score_attribute="default_ping_set">
> >           <expression id="pingd:connected:expr:defined"
> >attribute="default_ping_set" operation="defined"/>
>
> I think this is your problem. pingd will still run with bond0 being
> completely disconnected. So it will still set the attribute (propably to 0).
> You need to check for the value >0 as a second expression.
>
> Moreover, i dont see a score for this rule?!

That constraint is OK. The score is calculated as a value of the
score_attribute (in this case "default_ping_set"). What this
literally means is that the node with the best connectivity gets
the resource.

> >         </rule>
> >       </rsc_location>
> >     </constraints>
>
> I think it should look something like this:
>
>        <rsc_location id="connected" rsc="group_NFS">
>          <rule id="connected_rule" score="-INFINITY" boolean_op="or">
>            <expression id="connected-rule-1" attribute="pingd"
> operation="not_defined"/>
>            <expression id="connected-rule-2" attribute="pingd"
> operation="lte" value="0"/>
>          </rule>
>        </rsc_location>

This one would work too, but it has a slightly different meaning:
never run a resource on the node which has no activity. Hence,
it is more restrictive than the one above. If all nodes where to
lose connectivity, the resource would not run anywhere.