[Linux-HA] mgmtd and SLES9

Jose Jerez tale.toul at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 02:10:42 MDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to compile heartbeat 2.1.2 in SLES9 SP3 on Power, but I got
an annoying problems with mgmtd/hb_gui

When connecting to heartbeat using hb_gui the following error pops up:
"Failed in the authentication. User Name or Password may be wrong or
the user dons't belong the the haclient group"

The password is right, I can connect using ssh, and the user hacluster
belongs to the haclient group

# id hacluster
uid=90(hacluster) gid=90(haclient)
groups=90(haclient),14(uucp),16(dialout),17(audio),33(video)

This error message appears in the log file:

mgmtd[5656]: 2007/09/04_09:57:37 ERROR: on_listen receive login msg failed

No other error messages appear in the logs

Heartbeat seems to start fine, and the CIB is empty, no resources or
nodes configured yet.

The system is SLES9 SP3 on Power (ppc64) and the Heartbeat version is
2.1.2 compiled from source.

I compiled the same source on a SLES10SP1 on i586 and didn't find the
problem, at least not after changing the /etc/pam.d/hbmgmtd to use pam_unix2.so

So my guess here is that some libraries in SLES9 are too old for
mgmtd.  Am I right?

Is it actually possible to have this combination of SLES9 and
heartbeat 2.1.2 working?

I'll keep on trying for a solution to this, otherwise I might have to
use HACMP and I don't like that a bit.

Any hints to solve this will be appreciate

Regards.