[Linux-HA] Heartbeat setup questions

Serge Dubrouski sergeyfd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:02:30 MDT 2007

Hi Artem -

It looks like you selected wrong (or not exactly right) product for
you project. Heartbeat (Linux-HA) cluster was designed to provide High
Availability features for applications, not for  distributed
computations. In HA cluster in most cases a node that loses connection
to the cluster  hast to be killed (see STONITH feature) to prevent
data corruption on shared devices in a split-brain situation.

Take a look at this product: http://oscar.openclustergroup.org may be
it fits better for your needs.

Serge Dubrouski.