[Linux-HA] Openldap master/slave question

Boróczki Lajos Boroczki.Lajos at kfki-lnx.hu
Wed Oct 24 03:49:12 MDT 2007

Dear List,

I've managed to create an openldap master/slave setup with heartbeat2
and lsb scripts. But I have the following problem:

When I start up heartbeat everything works fine. Making one of the nodes
go standby works fine: when it was the node with ldap-slave running
nothing happens; when the ldap-master goes standby, ldap-slave service
is stopped, and ldap-master service is started.

But when I reactivate the node, every service suddenly stops and
restarts on a random node (conforming the constraints I set.) This means
in real life if somebody modified something on the ldap database and the
ldap-master service starts on the other node, we have an incosistent
master/slave database.

I have attached my running configs.

Thanks for the help,
Lajos