[Linux-HA] Heartbeat 2.1.x & DRBD 8.0.x support?

Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Thu Oct 18 18:31:47 MDT 2007

Robert Davidson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A while back I tried getting Heartbeat 2.0.x working with DRBD 8.0.x,
> which failed - I beleive because DRBD 8.0.x is not supported by that
> version of heartbeat.
>
> I've seen mention of plenty of people trying to use DRBD 8.0.x with
> Heartbeat 2.1, but I haven't been able to find any official
> documentation saying that DRBD 8.0.x will work with Heartbeat 2.1.x
>
> I'm looking at playing with a Master/Slave (Primary/Secondary) setup,
> not a setup with two DRBD primaries.
>
> Should DRBD 8.0.x work in this type of configuration with Heartbeat
> 2.1.x, or is DRBD 0.7.x still the only choice?

I'm running a heartbeat-2.1.2-10 cluster on suse 10.3, which comes with
drbd-0.8. The resource (primary/secondary drbd, reiserfs filesystem, ip
address, mysql database) all come up and fail over properly as far as I
can see. I'm far from an expert on this, but I followed the docs at
http://www.drbd.org/drbd8-howto.html and it wasn't too hard to figure out.

Joe