[Linux-HA] change the resource order in group online

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 07:37:06 MDT 2007

On 10/18/07, Junko IKEDA <ikedaj at intellilink.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to change the resource order in group online
> May I also know more about differences of cibadmin "-U" and "-R"?

-R preserves the order in which items appear in your update
-U does not

_however_

IIRC, the current method of sending the changes to the other nodes is
not capable of preserving the order :-(

so you'd want to run it on the DC and then use -S which will do a full
replace (thus making sure all nodes have the new ordering)

> here is my resources;
> Resource Group: grpDummy
>     prmDummyA   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>     prmDummyB   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>
> and, I tried to add prmDummyC online as the first resource in group,
> like this;
> Resource Group: grpDummy
>     prmDummyC   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>     prmDummyA   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>     prmDummyB   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>
> I prepared the update file something like this,
> and try cibadmin -R or -U
>
> <group id="grpDummy">
>   <primitive id="prmDummyC" class="ocf" type="Dummy" ..>
>   </primitive>
>   <primitive id="prmDummyA" class="ocf" type="Dummy" ..>
>   </primitive>
>   <primitive id="prmDummyB" class="ocf" type="Dummy" ..>
>   </primitive>
> </group>
>
> if I use cibadmin -R, it worked well,
> but prmDummyA and prmDummyB would start again.
> (they wouldn't stop. just start again)
> if -U, prmDummyC would set the bottom.
> Resource Group: grpDummy
>     prmDummyA   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>     prmDummyB   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>     prmDummyC   (heartbeat::ocf:Dummy): Started ias1
>
> should "cibadmin -R" be used to change the resouce order in group online?

see above, "sort of"

> and is it expected that the resources start again?

if all resources were running
and the only that changed was the order (no attributes added/removed)

then i'd not expect that the resources would be restarted