[Linux-HA] configuring CTS - (Was: Wrong includes when using colocations with groups)

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:04:10 MDT 2007

On 10/17/07, Marian Neubert <linux-ha at tesla-crew.de> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Andrew Beekhof schrieb:
> > small item: please include outputs as attachments rather than inline text.
> hmm, i'm sure i've attached the logs...
>
> >> According to andrews "colocation explained"-pictures "R_mysqld" and
> >> "R_apache"'s location-score 500 for the node "test1" should be included
> >>   in the groups.
> >
> > that document indicates that it only applies to 2.1.2-4 and later
> > colocation got a major overhaul after 2.1.2 went out.
> > try grabbing an interim build and retesting.
>
> ok, that tiny "-4" should explain the "false" behaviour with groups ;o)
>
> i'm continuing my tests with an interim build - but i'm not willing to
> run such an unreleased version in a production-environment :o(

response a) i could of sworn i released something...
response b) nod, much better to run a version known to have bugs
rather than one that might

take your pick :)

> (better i use no groups at all and configure everything as single
> resources with some more order- and colocation-constraints...)
>

> BTW: how do i configure the CTS correctly?
>
> when i explicitely enable stonith-testing with the command:
>
> python ./CTSlab.py -v2 --stonith yes --standby yes 5 > /tmp/cts_output
> 2>&1 &

hmmm, what's your goal in running cts?
it treats your cluster pretty badly (by design, so it can find bugs)

it also makes a number of assumptions about your setup.
- that you can ssh from any node to any other node without a password
- that all logging is sent to the test master with syslog-ng

for all this and more, read:
   http://hg.beekhof.net/lha/crm-dev/file/tip/cts/README