[Linux-HA] Other open source of heartbeat available?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Oct 16 05:44:55 MDT 2007

On 2007-10-16T12:11:24, Ian Jiang <ianjiang.cn at gmail.com> wrote:

> 	I want to use the hearbeat idea in an embedded environment. The
> 	current Linux heartbeat is too complicated, because an embedded
> 	system differs a lot with a general Linux cluster, and is
> 	usually much simpler and less of variability. So I am wondering
> 	whether there is other high available system using the heartbeat
> 	idea with simple architecture and is applicable for me as a
> 	reference. Open sources is better. Any suggestion is
> 	appreciated!

You mean, whether there are other HA solutions? Of course.

There keepalived, the RedHat Cluster Suite, some implementations of the
Service-Availability-Forum specifications ... Google will tell you more
about them ;-)

But even Linux HA isn't too complicated for embedded systems; just
because the flexibility is there doesn't mean you've got to use it. You
could deploy a standarized configuration just the same.

Regards,
    Lars