[Linux-HA] my installation of ClusterIP

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Thu Oct 11 06:16:11 MDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2007 14:04 schrieb Ilo Lorusso:
> oh and am I ment to initialse my cluster address
> ifconfig eth0:0 172.20.128.112 , because when I removed my iptables
> statement and restarted heartbeat, I did not get any iptable command from
> heartbeat and i seam to have lost the
>
> aliases address I have put in on both nodes?

NO config outside heartbeat. REALLY NO! You can configure dedocated IP
addresses for the interface in question so you can talk to the
nodes "off-line".

But ALL cluster relevant configuration should be controlled ONLY from
heartbeat.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42