AW: [Linux-HA] Resource Restart Problem

Otte, Joerg (NSN - DE/Muenich) joerg.otte at nsn.com
Tue Oct 9 23:59:10 MDT 2007

> What are actually resource B, C, and D?
C,D,.. are Own Applications,Jboss,Apache,Tomcat.
B represents a (cluster-aware) database. It is started outside
of heartbeat. The start operation of B "tells" the database
only what the active side is.

>> I am on heartbeat 2.0.9, Solaris 10
>Cool. But please upgrade to 2.1.2. IIRC, 2.0.9 has never been
>released.
I know, no problem if we were on Linux.
But on Solaris it is not easy. When we started the project
2.0.9 was the latest and it had many advantages over 2.0.8.
But under Solaris it does not work out of the box (at least 2.0.8
and 2.0.9 didn't). It took about 6 weeks to get it compiled
and stable running. I've got lot of patches for that.