[Linux-HA] Additional Nodes configuration

Andrew Beekhof beekhof at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 04:08:17 MDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Michael Schwartzkopff <misch at multinet.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think about the following problem:
>
> If I design a cluster to work with two nodes I configure these two nodes in
> the ha.cf file. The cluster runs fine. Now I want to add an additional node
> to the cluster. How can I do this with at least downtime as possible?
>
> I thought following methods could be possible:
>
> 1) Configure "autojoin" from the beginning.

this is the best option

> 2) Is it possible to add nodes with cib_admin? I don't know...

no, that section is populated from heartbeat (not the other way around)

> 3) - Configure the new node with three nodes in the ha.cf, start heartbeat
> there
> - stop the second node, configure three nodes in ha.cf  and restart heartbeat,
> and
> - finally do this with the last node

not really
you'd have to shutdown^ all the nodes and update ha.cf
only then should you bring the 3rd node online

^ you can at least put the resources into unmanaged mode so they'll
stay running while you do this