[Linux-HA] Additional Nodes configuration

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Fri Oct 5 13:36:23 MDT 2007

Hi,

I think about the following problem:

If I design a cluster to work with two nodes I configure these two nodes in
the ha.cf file. The cluster runs fine. Now I want to add an additional node
to the cluster. How can I do this with at least downtime as possible?

I thought following methods could be possible:

1) Configure "autojoin" from the beginning.

2) Is it possible to add nodes with cib_admin? I don't know...

3) - Configure the new node with three nodes in the ha.cf, start heartbeat
there
- stop the second node, configure three nodes in ha.cf  and restart heartbeat,
and
- finally do this with the last node

4) Is there any other possibility?

Thanks for any enlightening answers.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42