[Linux-HA] heartbeat reporting utility

Robert Lindgren robert.lindgren at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 07:41:19 MDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Dejan Muhamedagic <dejanmm at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 07:20:18PM +0200, Robert Lindgren wrote:
> > > That is probably what it looks like when Heartbeat logs directly
> > > to files. Nuisance. Either we change the log format to look like
> > > syslog output or I'll have to support that format too.
> >
> > Or maybe I should change my logging :)

> > > If you use syslog, it should work.
> > >
> > > Thanks for reporting this. I'll fix it as soon as possible.
>
> hb_report supports now both log formats. That was easier than to
> repeat all the time how to configure ha.cf.
>
> > I don't use logd I think, I don't have logd.cf and I only have a
> > logfacility in my ha.cf. I think that was the default when installing
> > the interim packages from the OpenSuse Build Service.
>
> logfacility is set? In that case the logging should go through
> syslog. Can you post your ha.cf.

Well I did have both logfile and logfacility, I removed that earlier
today and now I have this in my ha.cf:

syslogmsgfmt true
logfile /var/log/ha-log
keepalive 2
deadtime 30
warntime 10
initdead 120
udpport 694
ucast eth1 10.0.0.1
ucast eth1 10.0.0.2
ucast eth0 192.168.12.198
ucast eth0 192.168.12.199
baud 115200
serial /dev/ttyS0  # Linux
auto_failback off
node    noemic1
node    noemic2
ping_group ping_nodes 192.168.12.1 192.168.12.40 192.168.12.20
respawn root /usr/lib/heartbeat/pingd -m 100 -d 5s
apiauth ipfail gid=haclient uid=hacluster
crm on

But I still get heartbeat stuff in syslog and daemon.log for some
reason beyond my understanding...