[Linux-HA] Resource in master state - no monitor operation

Assaf N assaf256 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 12:47:58 MDT 2007

Hello,

I started a small test cluster using heartbeat 2.1.1. The cluster contains one simple master/slave resource.

While playing around with this cluster, I've noticed that whenever the resource is promoted to be the master on a machine, Heartbeat stops calling its monitor operation on this node. A quick look on the ha-debug log reveals that the monitor op is stopped intentionally, because of the resource promotion. However, there is no restarting of this op once the node becomes the master. When a second node starts and its resource takes the master role, our demoted resource starts to be monitored again.

I'm attaching my cib.xml, ha-debug and the resource agent script. Do I have a configuration error, or have I encountered a bug?

Thanks,
Assaf

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html